In order for your submission to be accepted into the Leaders of Tomorrow contest, the following guidelines MUST be followed.
Not following these guidelines will result in your submission to be withdrawn from the contest. The guidelines below are to assist you in submitting your entry and supplement the Official Rules and Regulations. All submissions, whether submitted individually or by teachers/instructors, must follow these guidelines.
1) All submissions must be typed and in the form of an electronic document. Acceptable file formats are:
Microsoft Word (2003 or newer; .doc or .docx)
Adobe Acrobat PDF (.pdf)
Apple Pages (ʼ07 or newer; .pages)
Rich Text Files (.rtf)
All other formats, including cloud file sharing services (such as iCloud, Google Docs, OneDrive) will NOT be accepted. DO NOT submit your essay as text in the body of an email, these submissions will be rejected.
2) The font size in the document must be in a minimum of 12pt font, to a maximum of 18pt font. Font used must be clear and easily legible. Recommended fonts are: Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica, Tahoma or Verdana.
3) All submissions must include a front title page with the following information included:
- Full first and last name
- Mailing address
- Contact phone number
- Contact email address
- Name of school/educational institute the participant is attending
- Address of the school/educational institute
- Name of the participant's teacher/professor (if applicable)
This information should be on the FRONT PAGE ONLY. Do not put this information in headers, footers or anywhere else in your essay document. The front title page should be clear and not cluttered with images or special fonts.
See below for a sample of the title page: